I’m a twenty-something nonprofit professional who lives and works in the Washington, D.C. area.
I bleed orange. I’m an alumni of The University of Tennessee-Knoxville (Go Vols!) and a Tri-Delta. Despite being raised in Northern VA, am a true southerner at heart. I like my iced tea extra sweet and firmly believe that the word “y’all” should be added to the dictionary.
When I’m not blogging, you can find me napping, scrolling through Craigslist, reading recipes, thrifting and digging abandoned furniture out of dumpsters with my sweet Mama. I love a good furniture rescue mission!
Want to know more? Here are ten facts about me:
- I grew up in Stafford, VA.
- I’m an old soul and often feel like I should’ve been alive in a different era.
- I’m a Christian. I was saved and began my walk with Christ in February 2006 – it’s been a thrilling journey ever since. The Lord is so faithful and has blessed me with the most wonderful gift to create and see beauty in ordinary things.
- I upcycle because I’m cheap – I rarely pay full price for anything. Goodwill, anyone?
- I adore animals.
- I was Vegan for six months…I quit eating meat cold-turkey in July 2016 to treat fatigue. You’ll find that I still cook and eat a lot of plant-based meals.
- My most shameful moments are when I leave my house after eight o’clock PM to walk to the grocery store in my neighborhood for a single box of Mike & Ike.
- I failed art in the ninth grade. The way I remember it, my teacher lost one of my big projects but regardless, my parents weren’t too happy.
- My family calls me Dirty Red, coined by my grandfather, because I was a very expressive baby – I threw the worst fits and my face would turn bright red.
- I have a love/hate relationship with onions. I cook with them a lot but it’s one of the few foods I dislike.
About The Daily Domestic blog
The Daily Domestic was created in September 2017 after I realized, to my bewilderment, folks were actually interested in my DIY projects and recreating my recipes in their own kitchens.
Here’s what you can expect: yummy, colorful recipes, cool DIY projects, inexpensive (“free” is my favorite price…), creative ideas to make your home beautiful and an irrelevant story or two about my life.
I’m so glad you’re here! Subscribe to my mailing list so we can get to know one another and stay in touch.